Tuesday, June 8, 2010

I'm a Delinquent


Sorry about the extra long break between blogs...apparently there actually are some of you checking this site...

WE HAD A BABY!! haha, so that's new. He's beautiful and amazing and becoming more so every day. I have recovered, Brendan's great, baby rocks and has been sleeping for 6 hour blocks at night! Here are some other highlights for you...basically the last 6 weeks in a nut shell.

Sawyer came home and was welcomed very warmly with a sniff from Guy. He has adjusted to the having a baby in the house extremely well and likes to nap on Sawyer's rug.

We had a TON of visitors. Not a lot of family time for two weeks or so..but we got through it. It was really great to see everyone and of course we wanted everyone to get to see Sawyer, but it was overwhelming at the same time.

I cried everyday at approximately 8:15 pm for the first three weeks of Sawyer's life. Anything or nothing could set it off. Just Sawyer crying made me cry, I couldn't handle his little lip quivering. Philip and Laura both having to go back home was really hard...lots of tears. But I've pulled it together since and haven't cried for quite a while.

Baby's First Road Trip!!!! Bren and I decided we NEEDED to get out of the house, so we packed up for an overnight in Manhattan. It was the best idea. We caught up with some old friends and Bren got in some ultimate and of course we hit up Rock a Belly.

I've starting working again. This is my second week being back with the girls I nanny for. It's going really well...not as stressful to have three kids as I thought...and the girls loving having Sawyer around.

Brendan is still searching for a job but has had a lot of interviews, two with Garmin alone. Send all your good thoughts his way!!

Well now you are sufficiently updated in the lives of the Orwigs. Again, sorry for the delinquency. I'll do better.

Love to all of you!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so impressed that you're already working and that Sawyer is sleeping 6 hour stretches! LUCKY!!! Hope all is well and sounds like he is a wonderful baby! Love the Carnahans

    ReplyDelete